Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Inch by inch...Step by step!"

I decided to "crackle" just his skullcap**...
giving it that old world look.
**(double click on the pic to enlarge)
I collect (among other things) flattened rusty bottle caps
on my daily 5k walks...  one never knows when
you just might need them!
They add a nice little rusty touch 
as an embellishment to the wings.
Oh... I softened his eye color, adding a bit of brownish gold.
The note on the photo says it all... huh?
I finished both of his hands today... finding that working
on every-other-finger, then allowing them to dry between
works best when I'm sculpting with my big, clumsy hands!

1 comment:

  1. He's wonderful, as all of your figures are. I love the crackle on his hat - very nice touch. Your detail work is beyond excellent!! Those little places can be pesky but yours always turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete