Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A New Day... A New Diversion... A New Doll!

The makings of a new doll!

The BODY: 
a flea market find... a metal eye glass cleaner dispenser with a wonderful patina of verdi green (9 inches high).

The LEGS:
Repurposed (from an old chair) wood turnings that I had painted and used on an old outdoor angel, back in Vermont. 

The SHOES:
Vintage leather baby shoes, found at a shop up in Grande Isle, Vermont.

The Assemblage...
I cut out 3/8 inch thick wood "feet" to fit inside each shoe, then drilled a hole near the "heel" to fit the smallest end of the wooden chair turning, and then pushed those thick thighs right up the ol'... bottom of the metal dispenser (that conveniently was open with a flanged metal flap for dispensing the cloth tissues!   

6 comments:

  1. Don'tcha love it when a plan comes together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity is thrilling! Perhaps you have a glass lens (the old sample case kind) to add to the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my mind worked like yours. I would have never seen these pieces and come up with what you have. I can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great insight Daryl, I always love it when I see "Vermont" made products, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another masterpiece!!! It already has shape!!!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryle and Katie,
    I can't wait!!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete