Monday, December 26, 2011

Your Cheatin' HeART...

Hank Williams wrote the lyrics to the song...
I just took it to the "next step" with a piece of art!
I'm "cheatin'..." a little here on this new Santos Cage Doll!
Here are a few "before and after" pics:
I was unhappy with the cage doll that I had been
working on; prior to my cancer diagnosis... 
and so two days ago just tossed it!  Yup! In the trash...
I found this reproduction vintage Santos (left) online 
at Tuesday Morning, for a real deal of a price. 
After removing the upper body... I did a bit of a "re-fit" 
using my original  cage doll skirt and wooden wings;
hence the "cheatin" heART!
I love it...  the vintage patina I was able to achieve 
with a bit of gesso, wood stain, and sanding 
sure beats those boring gray slats of wood!


It's nice to be "back"... Daryle

6 comments:

  1. All's fair in love and art!

    Hope you are feeling better......and may 2012 bring only Good Things for you!

    XX Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to 'see' you back, Daryle! Love your new work of art. Blessings to you and Katie in the new year.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your 'cheatin' cage doll REAL Santos. She has a lovely angelic face...love the bonnet/hat and the wings are fab!
    Glad to see your doll muse is still flourishing!
    Take care,
    many prayers have been going up for you and Katie~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see you back! I hope everything is going well and you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daryle, it's great to have you back. She is looking amazing. Love what you did with her. Daryle your creations are always incredible.
    Hope you and the family have a wonderful New Years.
    Darlene (Enchanted Legacy LLC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love what you achieved with her. i've been wanting to purchase one similar to this but have hesitated wondering how to dress her. you have inspired me. thank you.

    ReplyDelete