Friday, January 14, 2011

The Challenge... is Met!

I just finished my doll for the
Cloth and Clay Artist's Challenge:
"Winter Fantasy"...
"Snow Angel" is a paper clay and cotton canvas doll... 
standing 17 1/2 inches tall.
His waist-coat jacket is a recycled wool blanket 
that I dyed with acrylic paint.
His wings and crown are paper clay.
I used a one-step crackle medium over his entire body.
His eyelashes were purchased at our 
local  drug store in the cosmetic section!
( and then were cut to size and painted)
 Warm Wishes... in mid-January!  Daryle

11 comments:

  1. You have certainly met the challenge! Your snow angel has completely embraced the enchantment of winter! Beautiful work...as always!

    Best,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked him when he was all blue - now I like him even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryle I love the blue crackle. Such a wintery feeling love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the toned down azure blue...he looks finished now. As usual, your work is astounding. Very lovely doll for the 'Winter Fantasy' doll challenge. I still have an idea for a winter doll for the challenge...maybe I will finish her this summer! Ha!
    Have a great weekend. My sister in Massachusetts said they now have two feet of snow. Quite a snowy winter for all of you on the eastern seaboard.
    Take care and God bless!
    Teresa S. in Cloth and Clay

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a miracle! I love him!
    Liked all your work.

    With respect, Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a wonderful representative of winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the blues, Daryle. Love his little smirk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! The colours are beautiful on their own, but the crackled surface makes them even better!

    ReplyDelete